Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I hate Lima.

Disclaimer: This was written a week ago, but I haven’t had sufficient/reliable Internet to post it.  I know all of my readers (all 13 of them) are extremely invested in my life, so don’t worry; the story has an eventual happy ending, well relatively.  And I've got about four more posts ready to go, so stay tuned!

Chifles Christ, I hate Lima.  I despise it.

Well, that’s not fair.  I don’t hate it.  It’s a fine city.  But I hate being here when I should be enjoying Buenos Aires (but what do I know about Buenos Aires? It might suck just as much.  Doubtful though).

Yenny and I are such troopers! I’m very proud of us in fact! Our flight from Piura to Lima was delayed causing us to miss our flight to Buenos Aires.  So what does that mean?? Spending the night at Jorge Chavez International, OTRA VEZ. fml.

But we’re not making the same mistakes as last time.  Through the grapevine (aka Marisa), we discovered that Wifi exists here! At Starbucks! So where have we been camped out since 11:30 pm Wednesday night (it’s currently 7:15 pm on Thursday)?  That’s right, Starbucks.  And they haven’t even kicked us out!  We occasionally buy things because we feel bad, but we feel Lima at least owes us Wifi.  And they have these big comfy chairs that we took turns sleeping on!  It was glorious! They play English music, and lots of interesting people pass through (I am soooo envious of the Cusco backpacker type – the Lima airport is swarming with them).
Yenny is super excited to sleep with the Mario pillow.
Ganni? Really? That might even top Yenny.

Yenny and I decided to make the most of our time by checking out a bit of Lima.  We went to Miraflores and visited the outdoor mall, Larco Mar.  We had lunch, checked out some shops, Yenny bought some souvenirs, gazed about over the ocean, got accosted by a man trying to sell us dolls, and then took a taxi back.  All in all, it was an extremely pleasant three-hour outing.

beautyfool. kind of.
What troopers!
Hey! We've been here before.  This was where our whole group went out for a drink last June with Bobbi :)

Besides our Miraflores adventure, the majority of our time has been spent calling airlines and arguing with them…and facebook.  Lots of facebook.

1 comment: