Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Enferma

Today we didn’t have anything planned for the afternoon so we were free to do what we wanted. Revae, Ashley, Ann and I decided to run some errands to get ready for the second leg of our trip. We went to Wong, picked up laundry, and Ann went with me to Metro to buy a Peruvian phone (I’m such a local). The phone experience was kind of humorous because the lady asked me to spell my name and I don’t really know my letters in Spanish without singing the entire alphabet. First name was no problem; last name was another story. I had a hard time distinguishing between “g” and “j” (those are even hard in English sometime). Basically, the woman thought I was an idiot – probably because I am.

Unfortunately, I was super sick all day with what I think was a cold, fever, etc. My whole body ached so much I couldn’t even stand up. I tried to sleep for most of the afternoon. That night Ella and Norma presented us with little gifts of candy and notes and asked us for our addresses and birthdays. Ashley started crying; it was a very touching moment. Not so much for me though because I couldn’t focus on much past being too sick to function. I packed all of my stuff, which would have been no easy task even if I were feeling well.

Really exciting day.

1 comment:

  1. did you kick it old school and watch the price is right, like every kid did when they were sick at home from school?

    ReplyDelete