Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010


Wednesday, June 16

With Machu Picchu over with, I feel like the trip is kind of the decline as Machu Picchu was definitely the climax. We had to travel back to Cusco, but this was no ordinary trip. We stopped at three places along the way.

1) Salt Mines – The Incas mined this area for salt and it’s still being mined today hundreds of years later.


2) Moray – circular terraced ruins that descend into the ground that were used as a kind of agricultural experiment testing different elevations.



Yeah, Peru really agrees with us.

We had the option of going down into the ruins, but that also meant we had to climb back up. I was dead set on not doing, but once again was peer pressured and went for it. I need to start standing up for myself.

3) Chinchero – church and weaving demonstration

The church was stunningly beautiful. Most churches are that way here because they date back to Spanish Colonial times. Even after this weaving demonstration, I still don’t know how it works. I just can’t grasp it.


Outside of the church - we're never allowed to take pictures inside. Que pena.

indig

That night our whole group went to dinner with Carlitos and Señora Marchand. And I was lucky enough to be sitting next to them. Naturally, we discussed their children at great length and which son is the most viable dating option. Kathryn and I ordered Cokes which we were really excited about, but backfired when I found myself lying awake in bed at 1:00 am.

1 comment:

  1. no way that church is not haunted. hopefully this blog isn't on the decline either. more and more pics, come on, oldest trick in the book.

    ReplyDelete