Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

From bad to worse.

Now I thought I had been sick on Friday, but it didn’t even compare to how sick I was on Saturday. Instead of cold/fever business, I was now stomach sick. The details are not very flattering, but believe me it was awful. I cannot remember a time when I have been this sick.

The bus picked us up at 7:00 am to take us to the airport for our flight to Cusco. My day basically went like this:

Slept in the airport

Slept on the plane

Went to the bathroom on the plane to vom – got a nice view of the Andes on my walk down the aisle

Slept on the bus to the hotel

Had to carry our luggage uphill a pretty long ways to our hotel -- Now Cusco is at 11,000 feet and I was already extremely sick. This was an extremely daunting task. Luckily, Senora Marchand (Carlitos’s wife) helped me with my suitcase and I am eternally grateful.

Slept on the bus to Pisac

Slept on the bus in Pisac while everyone else visited the ruins

Slept on the bus back to the hotel

Slept at the hotel

Carlitos checked on me and brought me some coca tea. What a guy.

The end.

1 comment: